16.9.09

one


Hank is not my name.
I will just clarify that.

Genre is difficult to narrow down.
Here are three:
Photojournalism
Live Music/Band
Minimalism

In the next Nine and a half months, I want to learn as much as I can.
This includes:
The business of Photography
Web design/displaying images professionally
Monitor calibration/display brightness for optimum printing
To control the camera as a part of me in pressure situations
FILM
Darkroom developing/Dodging & Burning
Large Format/Small Format
...

I have a story to tell you.
I'll have to think about it though...
Uh...
OH!
I was at a hardcore show.
Some friends and I were fooling around with my camera and off-camera flash.
I had the idea of sticking the flash in my mouth, while photographing my face.
I had no idea that the flash would light up the whole face red, and leaving it look like a skeleton.
It was sweet.




3 comments:

  1. Well I suppose that explains why you are the way you are now...! I'm sure you'll gather many more photograph related memories in the school year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That flash photo is great the person's head actually looks like a pumpkin. The second is really good too, it was obviously taken in the exchange.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Hank, or Ryan, or Rank, haha. I enjoyed your straightforwardness in this blog, very straightforward. And your photo is totally ace. I hope you didn't get radiation or something else scary while that happened, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete